Creative Zen Micro in 02 LS w/ premium sound

cdixon

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
two questions:

1) Has anyone had any experience with the Creative Zen Micro 5 GB mp3 player? I really like them more than the ipod mini, but I'm wondering how good they are.

2) What is the best way to hook one up to my 02 with the premium Alpine 6 disc in-dash changer and are their any kits for this player that allow you to use the steering wheel controls?

Thanks for any help. I'm sick of having to pull over and go to the trunk and thumb thru my entire cd collection just to find the one cd with the one song that I want to listen to. I figure it's time for me to step into the world of mp3.

I don't know anything about the Creative Zen Micro, but I hooked up my mp3 player up through a P.I.E. adapter and I can still use the volume control/mute buttons on the steering wheel. As far as cycling through the songs, I don't think there is any way to get that to work with the steering wheel. Definately get an mp3 player, I'll never use another cd again.

when I installed my "hack" to allow my nav screen to display dvd movies I made sure I got a DVD player that supported mp3's. now I can pop in a 9.5GB double layer disc full of mp3's and control it all via the remote with the onscreen display (on the nav screen). Kind of like a zen or ipod but unlimited storage....

Thanks for the info. I did some searching on here and found those interface units. Are they fairly east to install? By the way what kind of mp3 player do you have.

Yeah they're easy to install, you just tap in to the power wire on the harness (forgot the color) and run a ground. I don't have the in-disc changer, so it may be different. I have an RCA Lyra 2780. It has a 20 gb hard drive, plays video, photos, and records t.v. I am very happy with this player. I use it solely in my car. If your wanting more of a portable player, I wouldn't recommend this player because it is big and bulky. If you use it just for your car it is a very cool mp3 player to have.

Yeah I'm going to be using it in my car in addition to being portable so I'm looking for a smaller, lighter one. I'll definitly be using one of the interface kits, I can't stand the FM modulating deals.

Whoever has this installed, can you give me as much info as possible? I was going to buy the in-dash factory 6 disk cd changer to replace my factory tape deck, but this seems much better. I have an ipod shuffle so hopefully all I need is he pie adapter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back