white/purple-constant 12volt
blue-amplifier turn on
red/blue- illumination *the blue light*
white/blue- 12 volt switched
brown-unsure
yellow-unsure
light blue-unsure
orange/yellow-antenna turn on

*NOTE: I will update when I find out more this is not the complete diagram colors I RECOMEND you to buy a connector to save you the headache. This is the diagram without the connector most online articles will show you with the harness cut this is all. If you happen to cut the harness keep the solid blue wire away from the other*WARNING the blue wire will pop fuses*

sources: my stupidity and many headaches

To be a bit more accurate C257:

1. Does not have a Black/Green wire, it has a Black/Light Green wire.
2. Does not have a Blue wire, it has a Dark Blue wire.
3. Does not have a Red/Blue wire, it has a Light Blue/Red wire.
4. Does not have a White/Blue wire, it has a White/Light Blue wire.
5. Does not have a Brown, Yellow or Light Blue wire.

The connector is 8 pin with #5 unused.

7 wires:

DB - O/Y - BK/LG - LB/R - W/LB - BK - W/P

C257.jpg

C257.jpg

well I had clipped both stock harnesses and found a brown wire a yellow wire and a red wire I have no idea what these are

Sorry to disappoint but the second plug (line level feed) to the power amplifier in the trunk have the following colors:

Light Blue
Purple/White
Black
White/Red
Yellow
Light Blue/Black
White/Orange
Light Green

No brown or red wires.

you shouldn't have to XD again it was my stupidity I got the brown and red wires from the Aftermarket harness for my JVC stereo head unit :slam but, thanks lol it would be really cool if you knew what all these wires in the line level feed

I know what those wires feed. Just as I mentioned before they feed line level audio to the power amplifier in the trunk.

RF+, RF-, LF+, LF-, RR+, RR-, LR+, LR-

Having said that Ford shows no specific labels on them, but it wouldn't be that hard to figure out with a speaker or DMM.

I don't understand why anyone would install an aftermarket radio into a car without the applicable harnesses readily available from vendors like Crutchfield.

A couple months back I installed a Kenwood KDC-152 Receiver in my '92 TC. After the radio harness was wired it was plug and play with the new harness and the amplifier bypass harness. The entire install kit was $14.95.

Good luck.

93 Radio.jpg

haha thanks but I had already cut both I would kick my self in the butt if I could go back in time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back