01 continental grille removal ?

john doe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to paint my grille the same color as my conti,but can't figure out how to remove it after taking the 6 visible screws out.If anyone can help with the steps it will be much appreciated.

I was trying to find it in All Data but I can't seem to find it.

Show pictures when it is done, I was thinking about doing that to my Conti but don't know how I felt about the color of my car...

Good Luck!

Thanks for trying,I will find out eventually.I think I might have to take the bumper off,but I really hope I don't have to.I'm sure it will look good with your conti,What colors yours?

Curious, on my 99 TC there are bolts and plastic clips on the sides of the grille that need to be removed in order for it to slide out. Are there any visible braces besides the bolts that are holding it on??

Curious, on my 99 TC there are bolts and plastic clips on the sides of the grille that need to be removed in order for it to slide out. Are there any visible braces besides the bolts that are holding it on??

No,I don't see any clips,and I took out the only bolts that hold on the grille.It seems like the bottom part that is attached to the bumper is the only problem,but I've pulled pretty hard,and it's lifting the bumper up with it.I don't want to go hulk on it and mess up the grille and bumper in the process.I thought it would have been the same as the TC's too,but it just has to be different.Idk how I can't find out how to slove this on google,but i'm sure someone in these forums has done this before,just a matter of time.Thanks,I appreciate any additional info you can't find out.

I was trying to find it in All Data but I can't seem to find it.

Show pictures when it is done, I was thinking about doing that to my Conti but don't know how I felt about the color of my car...

Good Luck!

What colors your conti?

finally!

I finally found out how to remove the grille.I had to take the front bumper off,then I found 6 or 8 bolts that held the bottom half of the grille down.Soon I will be painting it to match the color of my 01 conti.

Light Parchment Gold Metallic

Glad to see you got your grille off, can't wait to see it.

Yes,very soon it will be complete.If you were to match the grille it would deffinitely look nice and unique on that color conti.

Yes,very soon it will be complete.If you were to match the grille it would deffinitely look nice and unique on that color conti.

Nice, post pics when you're done. I would like to see how it turns out.

So John, I got a question for you-

Are you painting the WHOLE grille? top chrome header and bottom?

So John, I got a question for you-

Are you painting the WHOLE grille? top chrome header and bottom?

Yes,but I have 2 grilles,the one with the graphite colored bottom and the all chrome one.I'm currently sanding the graphite colored one,I'm going to do that one all black(excluding the emblem).Once I'm done,I'll see how mix matching will look,bottom half black and top chrome or top half black and bottom chrome,or all black.

All done

That will look great on a black Continental- I can already picture blacked out windows and some chrome rims... Sweet!
IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

Just finished this morning,I know you want to see it on the car,but I thought I'd give a nice close up before it goes on the conti to give you guys an idea.Hope this helps the people that ever wonder what it might be like to match the paint to their conti's.Let me know what you guys think.

looks good, can't wait to see it on the car!

Yea I want to see how long it will hold up before it chips.I did put the top header piece on since it's only a matter of 4 screws,but I'll be putting the bottom on this weekend.Check out my conti and how the top header piece looks.I put pics in the "age and year of your contiental" thread,mine is on page 5.

Members online

No members online now.
Back