Welcome Lincoln vs Cadillac Forums, the oldest and largest forum on the internet for Lincoln and Cadillac owners!

If you have any questions about your Lincoln or Cadillac automobile, want to buy or sell parts, or just want to connect with other American luxury car owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

To join, just click the button below. Its free!

P.S. Members see less adds too!

-
    JasonFC
    Status
    New LVC Member

About to buy a 97 LSC, for $7000

Does anyone think this is too much? Its a very clean car, Toreador Red, and has 92,000 miles. Everything seems to be in good shape, other than the drivers seat being worn out. What would you pay? And if its too much, by all means, sell me your Mark VIII! :-)

slowmkviii
    Status
    Need pics of every thing and more info.
    I would say right now its priced high with what info I have

marked8
    Status
    I paid $2000 for my red/black 97 LSC with 82K on it. It currently has 84K. That price is way too high.
    The is a 46XXX mile base on Ebay for $6995.

JasonFC
    Status
    New LVC Member
    I didnt get any pics, but the only blemish outside is a small small dent on the passenger quarter panel. The drivers side carpet needs a VERy good cleaning, and the seat is worn out. All the other seats and rest of the carpet looks and feels brand new. It has four new tires, and comes with an extra set of chrome stocker rims. What would you say a clean 92kmi Mark VIII LSC should go for?

marked8
    Status
    $3500 tops.

cadillackman
    Status
    4 grand. If it's perfect, 4,500 tops (& I mean PERFECT). You could get 2 nice marks for 7,000.

LaserSVT
    Status
    My 98 LSC cost me $3700 with 83K on it and a dent down low on the passenger side that was hardly noticeable. Also had a Pioneer DVD/NAV system in it.
    Yes, they want too much for the car you are looking at unless it was PERFECT. And I do meen completly perfect.

LaserSVT
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillackman View Post
    4 grand. If it's perfect, 4,500 tops (& I mean PERFECT). You could get 2 nice marks for 7,000.
    I was typing my post as yours appeared.

Lownslowlsc
    Status
    you have to be kidding me!i'd offer at most 3-3500...i bought my 97 lsc w/120k for 3k 2.5 years ago...does this car have working hids, cupholder,rear neon?

Lux
    Status
    In 08 i paid $4900 for my black on black 97 LSC with 54,000 miles on it.

If your patient..you will find the right car, i spent almost a year and a half searching and literally went and looked at dozens of marks in person before buying this one.

Patience is a mother f*cking virtue.

cadillackman
    Status
    You must be wayyy up north, they seem to go for the assrape prices up there round Canada. Don't pay the assrape price. Take a trip & get a deal.

JasonFC
    Status
    New LVC Member
    Im in Upstate New York, so a clean Mark is hard to find here. Im going to call him later tonight and offer him $4500 and see if he budges, if not, I simply will not buy the car, and I will look here on this forum instead. As a matter of fact, Ill make a WTB thread right meow.

Lownslowlsc
    Status
    allso check for heat... these have major blend door problems that costs 500 + to fix.

mark0101
    Status
    You guys need to check autotrader if you think 7,000 is too high. The normal range is 6,000 IMO for a good Mark VIII. While 7,000 is high for a Mark VIII with 92,000 miles, I would go down to at least 5,500.

Staffamerica74
    Status
    Senior LVC Member Staffamerica74's Avatar
    I paid 6800 for mine with 45k on it and it was perfect garage kept its whole life.

k9t8m
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mark0101 View Post
    You guys need to check autotrader if you think 7,000 is too high. The normal range is 6,000 IMO for a good Mark VIII. While 7,000 is high for a Mark VIII with 92,000 miles, I would go down to at least 5,500.
    yes but those cars are still for sale. If you want to see what gen 2's are really worth look at the completed ebay auctions. I think $3500-4500 would be about as much as id pay for a gen 2, even if it were in perfect condition. I payed WAYYYY too much for my CE, but its what I wanted at the time so i didnt mind.

Sapperfire
    Status
    Patience is a mother f*cking virtue...but persistance to the point of victory is a gift

I got my 93 Mark Viii for FREE.... However it needed a butt load of work

Lux
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapperfire View Post
    Patience is a mother f*cking virtue...but persistance to the point of victory is a gift

I got my 93 Mark Viii for FREE.... However it needed a butt load of work
    I like that. I was very persistent finding my car. At least twice a week i would search ebay, autotrader, and all the craigslist within a 5 hour driving distance...for over a year i did this until i found the one in my driveway. lol

micahs97m8
    Status
    I just sold my 97 for $3500. It has 71k miles on it and was in above average condition. If you find one that has been tastefully modded, it MAY BE worth $7k.

Green Machine
    Status
    Senior LVC Member Green Machine's Avatar
    bring some vaseline........7K way outta line.

unity
    Status
    Senior LVC Member
    $7k is a bit much.

But I love how some say its too high based on what THEY paid. Blue book it, then ask for $1k less. Thats about what they fetch. Blue Book is NOT the bible, but a good guide.

LaserSVT
    Status
    I just did some calculations and discovered I am in my car almost $7000. So if it doesnt look this good or better then I would pass on it for 7k.

Blkdvll
    Status
    Senior LVC Member
    I'll sell you my 97 lsc with 46k miles for $5k

JasonFC
    Status
    New LVC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdvll View Post
    Cali might be a taaaaaaad too far away.. lol. Altho I have made the drive from San Diego to New York once before... PM me some pics of the car.

Green Machine
    Status
    Senior LVC Member Green Machine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFC View Post
    Cali might be a taaaaaaad too far away.. lol. Altho I have made the drive from San Diego to New York once before... PM me some pics of the car.
    The Mark VIII was made for just that kind of trip.

Staffamerica74
    Status
    Senior LVC Member Staffamerica74's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdvll View Post
    Sounds like a good deal for somebody.

GMAN
    Status
    You can buy a car down south, and pay for shipping for way less than $7000.00 There's a 98 CE with 88k miles here for $3900, and I know where there is a 98 Ivory with 44k miles owned by a little old lady who had a stroke for $5000.

Blkdvll
    Status
    Senior LVC Member
    pm sent. You could ship my car out to NY and it would still be cheaper then buying one for $7k

Sapperfire
    Status
    you can always offer $6000, and buy yourself $500 in anal lube... and you still save $500, win/win

ripped camel
    Status
    $2500 plus ttt for my 97 base with painted moldings like the LSC and octastars with 121k on the clock