What did you do to your LS today?

Rear links

Today I installed two new proforged sway bar end links for the rear in my 2000 silver LS. It now has new end links on the front and rear. I am replacing them due to the clunks and thumps and rattles from the suspension. These replacement parts helped a little with reducing noise but not enough. So I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and replace the front sway bar or it's bushings. I must admit that I cannot fathom what the sway bar is hitting to create these noises unless it's hitting itself or it's moiunting brackets? Could be something else ... ball joints, etc ? Thing is the receipts supplied by previous owner says sway bar replaced less than 40,000 miles ago with new type sway bar with bushings attached. It was 6 years ago though. Still cant see that breaking down so quickly.
The rear job was quite simple. Only issue is that the studs on the new links are longer than those on the old links. This is a slight problem because the old links had a 'nut cap' piece of plastic to keep the threads on the stud from rubbing against the parking brake line. The short caps dont fit over the longer studs. I drilled a hole in the ends of my cap and then added some duct tape to stop the wear an tear.

They're hitting themselves as they slam up and down in their connection points, which is why it comes across as a light thunk and not a major bang. And, mine seem like they're banging again even though I replaced them about 30K miles again. Getting that occasional clunk already. Also, thought I'd gotten links without the passive rear steer but it seems I didn't because it's starting to swing the backside out again. Were I keeping this car I'd be doing the Heim joint/threaded rod rear links like someone else here built. I guess my old links were so worn out that I didn't notice the passive rear steering with the new links. New ones are better than worn ones, but having the rear swing out is unsettling to say the least.

Everything is 2.25 from CAT back. Just have them cut it and spread piping to 2.5 and fit it to muffler then continue onwards with 2.5 out the back. People say u don't need 2.5 on this motor but I'm sure it adds to the sound.

ok, great thats what I figured. plus most of the tips I've been looking at all come in 2.5"

Well played...

LOL ... just to touch back on this matter,

2.25 fits directly into the 2.5 and they'll tack it in place during the alignment. There is no need to do any spreading at that stage. Just slides overtop the 2.25 and welded fit.

SS piping out the back fitted to some same sized tips could require some spreading or pinching, although if ever coming off some mufflers they may only see straight welded beads.

Replaced upper hose, new fluid, bled quickly and on 1st go.
Replaced passenger VCT seal gasket. Need to do drivers side next Monday.

Ordered a pair of OEM Ford Lincoln Keyless Entry Remote Key FOB's for the 04 LSE.

Was just cleaning/checking up and finishing putting the plastic engine cover back on my 04 LSE after last nights repairs and noted that my wife had brought home her 03 V8 with now both chrome tail pipe tips missing. She lost one a while back and I was suppose to order a replacement, she either didn't like these tips, drives too fast or they weren't tacked on well enough to begin with.

Hello http://www.hottexhaust.com !?!?

Was just cleaning/checking up and finishing putting the plastic engine cover back on my 04 LSE after last nights repairs and noted that my wife had brought home her 03 V8 with now both chrome tail pipe tips missing. She lost one a while back and I was suppose to order a replacement, she either didn't like these tips, drives too fast or they weren't tacked on well enough to begin with.

Hello http://www.hottexhaust.com !?!?

Thats what you get for a pressurized exhaust...

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

Yup, serves me right for not loosening the headers and running a none pressurized system, silly me!

... I order a WheelSkin single color black leather wrap in the AXX size. I have installed these on four other cars in the past so the installation was straight forward and fairly easy. The results are a much improved feel and better grip.

attachment.jpg

Deacon, how is this holding up, any update? I'm interested in something like this but I'm concerned it will slide around a bit. Does it seat firmly?

Looks really good btw

You know Telco I'm starting to wonder if she isn't backing into large curbs when parking with the rear end facing in. Either that or someone wanted those tips or she's doing wheelies all the way home with that LS ... she crazy man!

BTW I'm actually digging that gold wheels on black LS look. See what u just did there?

Welp... this morning...at 04:47am

15b77566793c23a1f21d0c84f88b8fd9.jpg

eafb91530da2183623401846baff133d.jpg

Just my fawking luck... leaving for work this morning. .. guess it's safe to say I didn't get there...

_-_ IG: KID_LYRICS _-_

Welp... this morning...at 04:47am

15b77566793c23a1f21d0c84f88b8fd9.jpg

eafb91530da2183623401846baff133d.jpg

Just my fawking luck... leaving for work this morning. .. guess it's safe to say I didn't get there...

At 07:47am .. I thought of something smart...after being arrested and handcuffed by the cops for breaking into my own car after reports from someone driving by. With proof from the DMV might I add...

Aanndd a little thinking and common sense.

Plastic on metal.. no

Plastic on metal covered with rubber.. yes

ed33399f1793469834f18097a4f2f623.jpg
4d442b72c9f04a23257d207aecb0dcc1.jpg

Oh and this tire keeps going flat...so theres that too...

Glad you got in! I've had to do that before. (Spare was with wife... far way)

Question is where is the spare.... IF you say, "I dont have one" remember a door key does not need to be chipped... just dont stick it in the ignition.

Glad you got in! I've had to do that before. (Spare was with wife... far way)

Question is where is the spare.... IF you say, "I dont have one" remember a door key does not need to be chipped... just dont stick it in the ignition.
It was in my bag.....in the car...that i put in there LAST NIGHT.. in which I was transporting to another location after work.

It was in my bag.....in the car...that i put in there LAST NIGHT.. in which I was transporting to another location after work.

AAA has saved me from this fate a few times. It's less than $100 a year or, wait, maybe under $200 a year I cant recall. But it's worth it.

AAA has saved me from this fate a few times. It's less than $100 a year or, wait, maybe under $200 a year I cant recall. But it's worth it.

or a $2 key.. in a wallet or hidden on the car...

Although AAA would work better at towing, than a key!!!!

Yes BigRig, I see what I did here. I found a pic on the internet of an LS with sidepipes. If you like the gold wheels, might try painting a set of your existing ones with that dip stuff and drive around for a few weeks to make sure you really do like gold wheels before investing a mess of cash in a set.

Kid, no need to post twice. I've noticed you post here, and you post the same thing in a standalone thread. We'll see what you post if you just put it in one place.

Insurances also cover busted out windows but also not the most practical solution.

Me myself and I don't appear to lose keys or lock them inside somewhere. Only reason being is because I have so many to look after. Keep my Peterbilt keys in several locations, one being under hood hidden. One under a specific rock at a fence where I park it, on my house key chain as well, one tucked in my wallet and other daily use key on its own chain with battery box and fuel tank locks. Another single in the inside door compartment for when I want to leave it running while I jump out. Lock it up running. Just too many keys to not ever get in. It's a work thing, simply can not afford to get locked out or no start.

On the LS we keep several spares around just in case the other half has to bring a set to the scene.

Have a house key hidden in the rafters of my shed.

Always very mindful of my FAST card, fuel cards, passport, wallet and keys. Always double checking.

Yup, serves me right for not loosening the headers and running a none pressurized system, silly me!

Deacon, how is this holding up, any update? I'm interested in something like this but I'm concerned it will slide around a bit. Does it seat firmly?

Looks really good btw

Its holding up perfectly. It is exactly sized for the wheel. Once stitched up tightly it never moves. Had them on several other cars for years and never had an issue with any of them.

Kid, no need to post twice. I've noticed you post here, and you post the same thing in a standalone thread. We'll see what you post if you just put it in one place.

Well I aplogize to you for the double posting. I figured it's a thing where I've done something to my LS today..and to update my own thread with what happens regardless.

I'll be sure to tone it down just for you..... [emoji19]

Members online

No members online now.
Back