Waiting Room

Windows:

Years ago, l was a big advocate for Lotus 123 and Wordperfect. Microsoft starting pushing their programs (Excel and Word...). Companies latched on to the integrated program concept and now few people remember Lotus or Wordperfect.

I believe MS is trying to do it again. Tie all platforms together under a common user interface and get corporations to jump on the MS bandwagon. Force out the competition. But, Android may beat them to it. Or, maybe Apple will finally take over. Note, I hate MS. But I am addicted to my Xbox one and 360.
I remember both of those. I especially remember the WordPerfect Office Suite which could be had for a fraction of the cost of MS Orifice...I mean Office. When I was in college, I could buy Corel WordPerfect Office for $40.00

This whole Windows 10 upgrade I really dig. Other then it kept me waiting for the longest time, turned out it was one update that kept failing, which I eventually got past. It's faster on startup, some new features, getting used to working with the tiles, enjoying some of the new live tiles. setting up some favorite program apps ... and for those that don't like the look and feel for it, could always install Classic Shell and alter the start menu back to XP's version.

Still getting around to setting it up and getting use to it, what is where and such but in overall, I appreciate it very much.

I did ditch Microsoft's new browser "Edge" and assigned Chrome as my default instead.

Along with my HOST mod, I see zero ads still. I also uninstalled the entire AVG suite and went with Defender and it's firewall instead. Annual AVG renewal prompts started coming up and I said enough of that.

Win10 = thumbs up from me.

I like Win10 too especially on my 2 in 1 Asus. The only issue I have is when I play my Wings Over Vietnam flight simulator, I have problems with the sluggish mouse and I have to task switch back and forth to make it work properly. I think it may be the same with other non-native games too. If I could correct that, it would be almost perfect.

I use AVG Zen across all of my devices but, it's coming time to renew so, I might have to do the same as you did.

the only thing i would like to change would be the use of Live Tiles...

I like a super clean desk top, I don't ever have any items out on the desk top with the one exception of the Recycle bin. I either access the few programs i use either through the taskbar (only chrome), the start menu, or a couple through the live tiles...

I do miss being able to have a few widgets on the desktop for info at a quick glance... but I wish I could set it up so that the live tiles could be on either the main desktop or (ideally for me) on the extended 2nd screen and then just have the start menu stuff by itself, that way I could get my info from just a quick glance instead of having to hit the windows button. kinda like a better mix of win7 and win8, 8.1 was just weird how you switched from having a start menu OR having live tiles...

Designed for tablets, touch screens, easy of access. All sorts of apps to make it do what you want.

Win 10

touch screen

just what i wan on my 32 in four feet away ! LOL !!

C> !!!!

Put a tablet stylus on a selfie stick/narcisistick for the ultimate experience. You may have to conjoin several selfie sticks.

Put a tablet stylus on a selfie stick/narcisistick for the ultimate experience. You may have to conjoin several selfie sticks.

Yardstick !!

or

meterstick ??

they make them ??

funny thing,,only ver of windows i dont have is win ME and ME Media version.

still have a copy of CP/M on 5 1/2 in floppy,,,and most of the DOS releases up to 6.22.

still have the 20 MEG hard drive i paid $800 for in 1982 !!
still have the magazine i bought it out of !!

have a 6 floppy cartridge for early IBM machine.

i still have my first " sinclair " computer.

one of the first "portable" computers made.

have a cassette player for a RS COCO :)

sad is i remember when these were new !! :(

and win 10 still sucks !!! LOL !!

Yardstick !!
still have a copy of CP/M on 5 1/2 in floppy,,,and most of the DOS releases up to 6.22.
still have the magazine i bought it out of !!
have a 6 floppy cartridge for early IBM machine.
i still have my first " sinclair " computer.
one of the first "portable" computers made.
have a cassette player for a RS COCO :)
sad is i remember when these were new !! :(
and win 10 still sucks !!! LOL !!

5 1/4" floppy.

I'm the same. I have a Compaq 80286 desktop, it doesn't work, along with numerous laptops/desktops purchased over the years. A 3 1/2 external drive,...

My wife gets mad at me. But, I know someday I'll find a use for all of it.

Yardstick !!

or

meterstick ??

Anyone for a meter bier?

10.jpg

That comes to $2000 in today's value. A Samsung 2TB solid state drive goes for well under $1000 now. I'd find it difficult to build a whole gaming rig for $2000 (hard in the "I really can't use that much performance at this time). Technology, prices, and inflation be crazy

Heyooooooo! Not been on much because I've been moving into the new place. I like it. Aside from the occasional train, it's quiet out here. Train tracks are about 3 miles away, so the sound is really traveling to reach me. Just pending the bank finalizing my mortgage now. After that I'll know how much money I have to play with, and it's GOOD BYE LINCOLN!!! Can't wait. I'm sure Bigrig can't wait either. :p

As long as you promise to come back and tease me once and a while. Hate to see you go!

I would hope on ALL of them :p :p.

But the engine still faces the wrong way, they are very nose heavy and are still FWD biased.

hopefully a lot of that is changing, allegedly they are wanting to start putting their new drive system in more of their AWD cars like what the new RS has. with its electronically controlled clutches on each axle, it can send as much power to any corner as it would like.

also as weird as it sounds, I was driving a new focus ST a couple of weeks ago and ford has really figured out their balancing problems. this car had amazing balance for a FWD only car and actually had just the right amount of over steer, yeah that's right, hit a turn just right and the rear end actuality kicks out a tiny bit and not in the Honda civic spin out int he ditch kind of way. I couldn't believe how well it felt.

while not quite enough to replace the RWD as my main enjoyment car, it is perfectly capable as being a DD work beater that can actually go out and have a little fun in.

I would hope on ALL of them [emoji14] [emoji14].

But the engine still faces the wrong way, they are very nose heavy and are still FWD biased.
I was wondering if the awd front transaxle freewheels if pushed like a bicycle does? The reason I wonder if it does is I was thinking if slightly taller tires at the rear would make them rear biased. I would imagine it would be more likely the rears would freewheel in that situation. Wishful thinking maybe.[emoji53]

with the new RS, when you place it in drift mode, it drives the rear tires a tiny bit faster than the fronts!

Just bought another Lincoln.

- 04 black LSE w/ 82K miles $1300 cash
- chrome CAI to go with it used 50$ cash

going back to get it with a dealer plate.

Likes to go in and out of fail safe mode, short drive on the back roads, I'll get it home no worries!

Members online

Back