Ls 500

Dustin Kennedy

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I bought my LS V8 in May of this year, and shortly after found this site. Ive used the wealth of knowlege and information here to fix the dreaded coolant issues this car gave me, and minor electronic issues. Ive wanted an LS since i was 10 when they first came out, I know what I want out of it and I will not be deterred from that. Im going to build this old cougar into a ferral lioness in heat. Not a swap, not just a tune and intake, Im talking bored out internal overhaul turbo milenium falcon ten grand in this mofo.
While I do welcome any advise or information, I ask that you do not tell me I cant do something. A man put a 350 and 6 speed in one of these cars, tell me why something may be difficult by all means, just dont tell me i cant do it.
Ill post pics of the car along with lists of current and future mods soon. I hope to learn from and contribute to the collective comunity, and i hope to retain my sanity over the course of this build.
More to come!

"overhaul turbo milenium falcon ten grand in this mofo." LoL
-this car is not for you. lol

anything can be put into something. If you want to spend half that ten grand on a 93 cobra motor, do so. or just spend the cash on the motor internals and get the 80 - 100 hp. The Lincoln is designed (if I am not mistaking) to hand -400hp with the OEMs. Anything more, you risk in putting to much force/torque.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Actually I believe compression is the bigger issue with these motors. Regardless, upgrading the pistons, cams, valves, heads, and rotating assembly, make these problems go away. The block can easily handle the power with the right internals, the only issue I am concerned with is if theres enough meat for bulletproofing.

not much in the way of aftermarket for the Jag V8. so it'll be a whole lot of custom stuff. or creative solutions.

Yeah, the lack of aftermarket is a shame. I havent looked much into it yet, but im hoping i can use parts from the s types aj motor as a basis for some of the custom work. I did get a good look at the block, Im almost certain theres enough meat for bore and bulletproofing.

So here is my LS. Current mods are only an aftermarket air filter, exhaust, 20" Boss rims, and interior. For the air filter I used a Spectre 9345. I removed the stock air box, cut the filter end of the MAF tube, planed the cut end flush with a razor and clamped on the filter. Im currently working on fabricating a heat shield, ram intake from behind the lower fascia, and tubing to replace the stock plastic intake. Most of this should be fairly easy since Im manager for the nonferrous department of a scrapyard, though I havent been able to find decent aluminium tubing. I may just use copper, polished copper looks really great. As for the exhaust, its actually a lack thereof. I was going to install glass packs where the resonators were, but after removing the pipes from where they hook up shortly after the cats, i started it up and liked the sound. Eventually Ill cut out slots a couple inches forward from the rear wheel well and have side port dual tips. As for the interior, the car originally had the truffle interior(sort of beige and grey), until some one brought a green 01 LS in for scrap(blown motor, clearly from lack of maintenance), with fairly nice midnight black interior. I left the top portion of the dash grey, as well as the main part of the backrest for the back seat, and a few minor pieces along with the carpet, to end of with a unique two-tone that i think turned out great. Ill try to get some interior pics and a sound clip soon, along with the current list of plans for building a monster.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well i got tired of seeing "ford" stamped on everything. That and other things you would have to drive a 6 speed v8 bmw to understand. Anyway the motor is blown up(i use the phrase loosely), but i need to get $2200 out of the car. The rims and tires are included, asking $800 for them alone. 20" Boss 304 with less than 300 miles on the front tires and about 70% on the rear. Body and interior are clean, tranny shifts smooth, everything is for sale. I also have the grey(truffle) interior that i swapped out for black.

I bet my Lincoln would take your bimmer... If you v8 cant slide off 2nd gear take off, you car aint sh*t. lol

I cant wait for the "overhaul turbo milenium falcon ten grand in this mofo" to his bmw. 3 months later, Dustin switches to a civic. lol

actually dumping the clutch in 3rd breaks it loose. but anyway, glad to see i didn't get too involved in a community of people who say things with such ignorance. you should research the target of your bashing before attempting bench racing. so i got rid of the lincoln, so what? i fail to see the need for this **** talking. yes, i always wanted a lincoln ls, i got one, i was disappointed. if i ever own another lincoln, id probably get a mark 7 and drop a 302 in it. the ls is just too limited in options, with a stock v8 that squeezes too much power out of too little displacement. im sorry to say things you dont want to hear about your car. and a civic? really? so switching from a rwd v8 sedan to another rwd v8 sedan, an e39 bmw, considered by many to be the greatest sports sedan ever made, somehow leads to buying a honda civic? maybe so to a guy that speaks to others like a ricer on some honda forum. i fail to see the logic. i thought people who drove luxury cars were a bit more sophisticated.

...you should research the target of your bashing before attempting bench racing...
...if i ever own another lincoln, id probably get a mark 7 and drop a 302 in it...

Apparently the target of their bashing does not know enough about the car he would buy to know that the Mark VII only ever came with the 302 in it*.

*Save for the handful with the diesel.

Wait till the electrical gemlins move into his BMW.

It seems likely that Dustin/Justin/whatever doesn't come around very often. Arguing with him is also a waste of time. I hope he remains happy with his choices.

KS

That's what makes me wanna keep my LS, cause nobody has a properly built one, there are probably 5 on the whole US, but BMWs? You find them by the dozens, in all colors, ricer looking, good looking, everything you can imagine one can do to BMW has been done already, by more than 1. Every idiot who buys an LS dreams of making it a transformer, but when they realize they cant find bolt-ons and things look difficult, they quit. I think is better that way, I'm glad he didn't keep it.

I have a 97 540i/6 sport, there are a total of 1388 pre-vanos. It wasnt that it was difficult to mod the ls, it was the fact that theres nothing for it. There are very few "bolt on" mods for my bimmer, but I can get low/mid/high cams, low compression/high compression piston heads, forged rods with different stroke, titanium valves, guides, headers, tb, intake mannifolds with various size runners for different applications, superchargers(centrifugal and twin screw), kevlar clutch, underdrive pulleys, custom lsd, lightweight flywheel and driveshaft, brake kits, brake lines, coil overs, sway bars, it goes on and on. Again, I liked the ls, but I didnt buy it to do a motor swap, thats what my MR2 is for. I applaud some of you for doing what you've done(especially Quik LS), but to me, there are more efficient platforms to start with. Stop getting all in your respective boxes over me selling the car. I did at least offer it here, along with additional interior parts, in an effort to contribute to this community that unknowingly helped me fix the problems it had while I had it.

I have a 97 540i/6 sport, there are a total of 1388 pre-vanos. It wasnt that it was difficult to mod the ls, it was the fact that theres nothing for it. There are very few "bolt on" mods for my bimmer, but I can get low/mid/high cams, low compression/high compression piston heads, forged rods with different stroke, titanium valves, guides, headers, tb, intake mannifolds with various size runners for different applications, superchargers(centrifugal and twin screw), kevlar clutch, underdrive pulleys, custom lsd, lightweight flywheel and driveshaft, brake kits, brake lines, coil overs, sway bars, it goes on and on. Again, I liked the ls, but I didnt buy it to do a motor swap, thats what my MR2 is for. I applaud some of you for doing what you've done(especially Quik LS), but to me, there are more efficient platforms to start with. Stop getting all in your respective boxes over me selling the car. I did at least offer it here, along with additional interior parts, in an effort to contribute to this community that unknowingly helped me fix the problems it had while I had it.

That exactly what I mean. It is difficult when you can't get pre developed parts. Modding the BMW is as simple as order online, bolt on, bum.

Members online

No members online now.
Back